U.S. Water Services Corporation is a well-established and diverse water and wastewater utility organization specializing in utility maintenance, operations, engineering and construction services. U.S. Water is a fast paced and rapidly expanding company headquartered in New Port Richey, Florida with a staff of over 700 employees in twenty states.
- The employee will be responsible for the proper and efficient operation of the VacCon vacuum truck for routine vacuum and jetting maintenance, for repair operations, and for non-routine maintenance to be made as needed as any problems develop. Work is performed in accordance with established procedures and standards whereby an employee is expected to employ good judgment and initiative to meet routine qualitative and quantitative production standards. Work is subject to inspections and reviewed through observation of work area operating conditions analysis of operations logs and cost reports. The employee will also perform construction, maintenance and/or repairs on water and wastewater utility system equipment and company facilities as directed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operator has primary responsibility in the operation of all phases of the vacuum truck; routine inspection of system, maintenance and servicing of vacuum and jetting equipment, and reports to his/her immediate supervisor promptly.
- Actively assists and participates in projects in the maintenance department, if so directed; Maintains the vacuum truck in a clean and safe manner.
- Performs related work as required.
- Assist in the investigation of utility systems and troubleshoot and correct electrical, mechanical and piping problems as experience and training allows and as directed by Lead Maintenance Mechanic. Pull, repair, and analyze mechanical equipment pumps, motors, submersibles, etc. as necessary to complete required repairs. Assist in the installation of new utility system improvements and other water and wastewater utility related projects.
- Responds to maintenance schedules for equipment and vehicles. Assures the proper maintenance duties are performed. Responds to emergency calls as designated.
- Assists with the proper maintenance of equipment of plant, collection or distribution facilities; may drive a company vehicle and is responsible for appearance, maintenance and organization of vehicle and tool inventory.
- Works with other maintenance employees and assists in coordinating the efficient use of allocated labor and supplies for day-to-day requirements.
- Responsible for keeping maintenance records up-to-date including work orders and related forms.
- May assist in other duties such as reading meters, cleaning and clearing activities, painting, project punch-out, loading and unloading materials.
- Act as trainee if designated, in regard to operation of heavy equipment backhoe, excavator, tractor, etc..
- Perform lift station inspections including cleaning, properly setting level controls, cleaning wet well walls, documenting hour meter readings and calculating run times, trim/cut grass and weed as needed, test alarm/communication systems weekly and report abnormalities to the Lead Technician.
- Manhole inspections including completing the report on each manhole and meeting the minimum quantities required.
- Fire hydrant maintenance including flushing, greasing, painting and completing the report on each hydrant and completing the minimum quantities required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to operate efficient vacuum and pump through observation of equipment breakdowns and equipment maintenance.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with departmental officials, other municipal employees, and the general public.
Minimum Qualifications/Necessary Special Requirements:
- Experience as VacCon truck operator with a class "B" CDL License, previous operation of a vacuum and jetting truck, experience with mechanical/electrical equipment use and repair.
- High School Diploma or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Must possess a valid Florida CDL class "B" License with
- Tanker Endorsement
- Air Brakes
- Must be capable of lifting heavy objects and equipment.; Must be capable of bending, stooping, climbing, sitting and kneeling.; Visual, auditory and oral acuity.
- Must be physically able to operate office and communication equipment, possess visual, auditory, and oral acuity and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds. The position requires periods of sitting, standing, bending, stooping, and walking.
Compensation and Benefits: Pay is commensurate with experience and market-reflective. US Water/USW Utility Group offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long-term disability, paid time off, holiday pay and 401k with company match.
US Water/USW Utility Group offers competitive wages and benefits and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.