U.S. Water Services Corporation is a well-established and diverse water and wastewater utility organization specializing in utility maintenance, operations, engineering and construction services. U.S. Water is a fast paced and rapidly expanding company headquartered in New Port Richey, Florida with a staff of over 500 employees in six states.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Under general supervision, supervises and coordinates the daily operation and completion of customer service and utility billing generated service orders and scheduled meter reading routes. Also must have a solid understanding of proper meter configuration, installation, repairs and billing test circles. This position is also responsible to perform and/or direct routine meter service area maintenance activities including but not limited to skilled pipe work, testing, installations, repairs and other related duties as assigned.
The Lead Customer Service Technician must demonstrate good knowledge of the scope and purpose of the services of assigned Utility systems and of the interrelations of the various units of the department and is able to interpret ordinances relating to public utilities. This employee must demonstrate proven ability to converse with the public on difficult problems, referring only the most controversial matters to the Customer Service Supervisor. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Customer Service Supervisor.
EXAMPLES OF WORK illustrative only: This position is responsible for the of the Utility's Field Services area within the Customer Service Department which may include:
- Overseeing the day to day activities as it relates to, service technicians and meter readers.
- Interacting with the utility customers by phone, in person, or any form of written correspondence.
- Ensuring that the staffing levels are consistent with the workload and scheduling of customer needs; maintenance preventive/corrective related service orders and delinquent turn off's and turn on's
- Perform meter read upload/download and run meter reading system related reports
- Review and monitor daily meter reading and service order report, and address inconsistencies caused by human or mechanical failure to ensure meter accuracy and Key Performance Indicators are being met.
- Oversee the various other components within their duties such as; managing idle times and other time management related factors.
- Oversee the coordination of activities as it relates to the Maintenance Department and the Customer Service Department in meeting the KPIs, and client and customer expectations as it outlined in the Contractual Obligations of USWSC and the contracted utility
- Identify and implement corrective action where necessary in completing the various Customer Service, Field Service, Meter Reading, and Billing as assigned
- Train, develop and coach direct reports
- Meet the various KPIs goals as outlined in the General Terms of the Contract and within the KPI Standards set forth for USWSC by the contracted utility such as:
- Service Order Completion
- Billing Accuracy
- Meter Reading Accuracy
- Customer Service Complaints
- Time Components – Meter Reading and Billed Time Frames
- Exception Report
- Consumption Report – Zero Usage
- Other KPIs as assigned
- Ensuring staff assigned company or utility vehicles are operating said vehicle in accordance with company policy
- Enforce all USWSC policies and procedures
- Ensure steps are taken to create a good working relationship with contract manager and/or contract holder and OPUS in completing the tasks assigned to this position
- Perform employee evaluations
- Perform corrective measures to improve employee shortfalls
- Recommend disciplinary action
- All other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of proper meter service repair, maintenance preventive and corrective, and installation
- Knowledge of meter configuration and application
- Knowledge of meter reading systems, software and mobile devices
- Knowledge of basic Cross Connection Control regulations
- Knowledge of trenching and shoring
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions
- Knowledge of tools, equipment or machinery necessary for proper operations on the utility system
- Knowledge of basic meter service preventive maintenance
- Skill in basic geographical mapping
- Skill in following oral and written communication
- Skill in identifying unsafe conditions and taking corrective action
- Skill in conflict resolution
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Ability to read and locate meters
- Ability to determine service type requirements and notify utility billing of changes to premise that may affect billing
- Ability to use personal or handheld computer devices
- Ability to determine and employ proper maintenance of traffic conditions
- Ability to read basic engineering drawings or blue prints as it relates to water service
- Ability to effectively communicate with customer
- Ability to resolve conflict
Considerable knowledge of business management and customer service functions; considerable knowledge of accounting and record-keeping; good knowledge of data processing applications and methods; ability to prepare clear and comprehensive narrative and statistical reports; ability to plan and supervise the work of large and diverse groups of employees; administrative ability and skill in maintaining effective public relations; good judgment; tact and courtesy.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or state recognized equivalent. Three 3 years of progressively responsible utility related experience, including at least one 1 year in a supervisory capacity; OR any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge.
Compensation and Benefits: Pay is commensurate with experience and market-reflective. US Water/USW Utility Group offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long-term disability, paid time off, holiday pay and 401k with company match.
US Water/USW Utility Group offers competitive wages and benefits and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.