U.S. Water Services Corporation is a well-established and diverse water and wastewater utility organization specializing in utility maintenance, operations, engineering and construction services. U.S. Water is a fast paced and rapidly expanding company headquartered in New Port Richey, Florida with a staff of over 700 employees in eighteen states
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Lead Maintenance Technician
GENERAL PURPOSE: Under supervision, performs construction, maintenance and/or repair on water and wastewater utility system equipment, vehicles, and company facilities as directed.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Investigation of utility systems and troubleshoot operational problems as experience allows and as directed by Lead Maintenance Tech. Pull, repair, analyze mechanical equipment as necessary to complete required repairs. Installation of new utility system improvements and other water and wastewater utility related projects
- Responds to maintenance schedules for equipment and vehicles. Assures the proper maintenance duties are performed. Responds to emergency calls as designated, this will require being on-call on a rotational basis
- Assists with the proper maintenance of equipment or plant facilities; may drive a company vehicle and is responsible for appearance, maintenance, and organization of vehicle
- Works with other maintenance employees and conducts training of new employees in job duties if directed. Assists in coordinating the efficient use of allocated labor and supplies for day-to-day requirements
- Responsible for keeping maintenance records up to date including work orders and related forms
- May assist in other duties such as reading meters, cleaning, and clearing activities, painting, project punch-out, loading and unloading materials
- Operation of heavy equipment backhoe, trencher, etc. as experience allows.
- Demolition and rehabilitation of utility system equipment lift stations, water and wastewater plant pumps, blowers, piping, panels, etc.
- Normal working environment is dirty, noisy, and affected by changing weather conditions. Work may be performed around heavy equipment
- Regular contact with others inside and outside of Company. Customer contacts require courtesy. Requires ability to clearly explain work duties and amicably resolve issues with others
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Company policies and procedures
- Leadership, training, planning, and organizing
- Oral and written communication
- Regulations affecting departmental work
- Knowledge of utility mechanics, hydraulics, and electrical repairs
- Good physical condition without physical limitation
- Operation and maintenance of mini excavator, backhoe, forklift, skid steer, and fusing machine
- Knowledge of lift stations and package plants
- Safe driving practices and record. Class B CDL preferred
- Must possess a valid Florida driver's license, CDL preferred
- Knowledge of safety and operations
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to read blueprints
- Skill in maintaining equipment used in repair and maintenance
- Ability to accept responsibility
- Ability to work closely with government officials and property owners
- Ability to interpret and understand instructions and solve problems
- Ability to keep accurate documentation
- Knowledge of water and wastewater treatment plant operations, policies, procedures, and methods
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Ability to use a computer to document all time and material for each project
- Ability to work when emergency condition arises
- Ability to establish a working relationship with other employees and with the general public
Compensation and Benefits: Pay is commensurate with experience and market-reflective. US Water/USW Utility Group offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long-term disability, paid time off, holiday pay and 401k with company match.
US Water/USW Utility Group offers competitive wages and benefits and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.