OPERATIONS MANAGER - Full Time
Lehigh Acres, FL
U.S. Water Services Corporation is a well-established and diverse water and wastewater utility organization specializing in utility maintenance, operations, engineering and construction services. U.S. Water is a fast paced and rapidly expanding company headquartered in New Port Richey, Florida with a staff of over 700 employees in eighteen states
Excellent oral and written communication skills including formal presentation skills before both small and large groups. Operations Manager shall possess demonstrated ability in problem solving and experience managing water and wastewater treatment systems. Shall possess and maintain current water and wastewater Florida operator certifications.
This position represents the Company's services using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to assist in applying the services to their assigned facilities resulting in professionally managed operation and maintenance functions.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day professional operational activities of an assigned region.
- Responsible for determining required work, developing and delivering work authorization proposals, as well as follow-up with workflow, work progress and reporting.
- Assist with Environmental Compliance, reporting, facility inspections, responding to Regulatory inquiries both written and verbal, attend meetings and planning sessions that arise.
- Maintain dual Water and Wastewater Florida Operator Certifications.
- Provide Capital Improvement Planning recommendations at least annually for each facility, and more often if needed.
- Identify, recommend, and implement cost savings measures.
- Responsible for supervising and scheduling assigned operators. May be required to fill-in in case of emergency, time off, or illness as required.
- Assist in the proposal writing and meeting with potential clients.
- Ensure that the staff adheres to company policies and procedures. Professionally perform all other job-related duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Knowledge of administration, management, Water & Wastewater Operations, mechanical equipment such as pumps, drives, blowers, motors and standard construction materials used in Water and Wastewater facilities and systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot water plants mechanical knowledge of machines and and tools.
- Knowledge of public safety and security issues and regulations.
- Ability to coordinate own and others' actions, manage own time and manage staff resources.
- Strong understanding and expression of written and verbal English.
- Ability to communicate effectively to clients, staff, and management both verbally and in writing. Ability to read and interpret mechanical and structural blueprints.
- Intermediate Computer skills with Excel, Word, Project, and CMMS Databases.
Duties described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Climbing, standing, kneeling, bending, stooping, and walking.
- Driving and operating vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to work outside and in various weather conditions.
- Ability to work with chemicals, electricity and ability to work on slippery surfaces.
- Ability to work below ground level or with heights. Some limited travel may be required.
Special Requirements and/or Certifications:
- A valid Driver's License is required; Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate certifications, license, or registration as required by the position in the State of Florida.
- Intermediate computer skills with programs such as Microsoft Project, Excel, and Geographic Information Systems GIS.
- Experience in Operations and Maintenance is preferred.
- Must work well with others, be socially adept, provide excellent customer service and and be able to manage multiple responsibilities.
Minimum Requirements to apply: A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible work experience related to Water Plant Operations, which includes at least 3 years of lead or supervisory experience. Related vocational training or education may substitute for up to two years of experience.
Compensation and Benefits: Pay is commensurate with experience and market-reflective. US Water offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long-term disability, paid time off, holiday pay and 401k with company match.
US Water is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class