U.S. Water Services Corporation is a well-established and diverse water and wastewater utility organization specializing in utility maintenance, operations, engineering and construction services. U.S. Water is a fast paced and rapidly expanding company headquartered in New Port Richey, Florida with a staff of over 700 employees in eighteen states.
Operates wastewater treatment facilities in accordance with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection rules and regulations, Florida Administrative Code, the facilities operating permit and company protocol. Satisfies the minimum staffing requirement imposed by FDEP for each water and/or wastewater facility operated.
Essential- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates activated sludge process plants such as extended aeration, contact stabilization, step feed, conventional activated sludge, oxidation ditches, various nutrient removal processes including single and multiple anoxic and toxic zones and phosphorus removal. Operates trickling filters, rotating biological contactors and wetland treatment systems.
- Operates lime softening plants, chlorination facilities, aeration facilities, wellfield s, reverse osmosis treatment systems, storage facilities, filtration systems, ion exchange facilities, color removal and iron removal facilities and similarly related systems.
- Operates plant equipment such as aerators, filters, pumps, lift stations, aeration basins, anoxic basins , instrument at ion, motor s, clarifies, chemical feed systems, blowers, mixers, slakers, agitators, generators, lighting, chlorinators, sulfinators, comminutors, rake drives, bar screens, flow splitter boxes, storage tanks, meters, air compressors, air distribution systems, timers, controls, sludge dewatering equipment, valves, contact chambers, wells, hydropneumatic tanks, ion exchange equipment, surge tanks, and other similarly related plant components and equipment.
- Adjusts plant equipment to achieve the best possible treatment results and to maintain compliance with the plant operating permit,
- Responds to emergency calls, as required to take corrective operation action or to assist company or client personnel in performing corrective actions.
- Operates facility effluent disposal systems in accordance with plant operating permit and operating protocol. This includes, but is not limited to: public access reuse systems, surface water discharges, the rotation of rapid rate infiltration basins, drain fields , injection wells, spray fields, low pressure subsurface zones and wetland cells.
- Maintains required solids inventory at the wastewater facilities to achieve the best possible treatment. Controls waste activated sludge rates, digester loading, lime stabilization of residuals when applicable and coordinates residual hauling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adjusts and maintains chemical dosages to ensure compliance with the facility operating permit and Florida Administrative Code.
- Provides daily checks of the water and or wastewater facilities to document operational status and maintenance requirements.
- Performs compliance sampling for required parameters for water and wastewater quality analysis, in accordance with facility operating permit.
- Maintains on site complete and accurate operating logbook and records on water and/or wastewater facilities in accordance with FDEP requirements.
- Performs field testing to include, but not limited to, dissolved oxygen concentration, chlorine residual, pH, settable solids, microscopic examination of activated sludge , nitrate, hardness, total dissolved solids, conductivity, alkalinity, ammonia, iron, chlorides, turbidity fluoride and any other such field testing necessary for plant process control to maintain compliance with the plant operating permit , company or plant operating protocol and FDEP rules and regulations.
- Performs calibration procedures on all field testing equipment as per FDEP requirement and maintains calibration log on each field instrument as well as maintaining all equipment in good working order.
- Calculate, maintain and record plant hydraulic rates to include but not limited to return activated sludge rates, waste activated sludge rates, surge loading rates , filter loading and backwash rates, recycle rates, influent and effluent flow rates when applicable, tank transfer rates, reject flow rates and any other hydraulic loading rate within the control of the plant operator to maintain compliance with plant operating permit.
- Perform minor plant equipment repair and maintenance to include repair of chemical feed pumps and injection points, lubrication of pumps, motors, blowers, rake drive assemblies, mixers, aerators , etc. Replace air filters on plant equipment, perform routine instrumentation cleaning and maintenance and report any required maintenance necessary to maintain efficient equipment operations and compliance with plant operating permit.
- Perform general housekeeping duties such as, but not limited to, picking up and disposal of various debris and screenings, empty trash cans, washing down of clarifiers and other plant equipment, clean up minor sludge spills and sludge splashing, netting treatable debris from tanks and keep walkways clear of obstruction and debris.
Additional Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews monthly reports and laboratory analysis prior to submittal to regulatory agencies.
- Reports abnormal events and events resulting in noncompliance with the operating permit, FDEP Rules and Regulations, the facility operating protocol or Florida Administrative Code in accordance with company abnormal reporting protocol.
- Reports any unsafe working conditions to supervisor immediately upon discovery.
- Performs other similar duties as assigned or requested.
- Must be available from time to time to work scheduled or unscheduled ove1time in order to satisfy plant-staffing requirements.
- Chief Operator shall be responsible for Operator' s schedule and ensures adequate staffing levels needs are met at all times.
- Chief Operator shall ensure that the staff operator adheres to company policies at all times, and reports any failure to adhere.
- Must currently have a Class B or Higher Wastewater License
- Must be able to take and pass a pre-employment background and drug screen.
- A valid Driver's license
- High school Graduate or GED
Compensation and Benefits: Pay is commensurate with experience and market-reflective. US Water/USW Utility Group offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long-term disability, paid time off, holiday pay and 401k with company match.
US Water/USW Utility Group offers competitive wages and benefits and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.