U.S. Water Services Corporation is a well-established and diverse water and wastewater utility organization specializing in utility maintenance, operations, engineering, and construction services. We help to protect the environment! We are a fast paced and rapidly growing company headquartered in New Port Richey, FL with a staff of over 700 employees in 20 states.
Mechanic - Mobile Equipment and Vehicles General Duties:
- This is a full-time position eligible for company benefits.
- Keeps Shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performs preventative maintenance, makes arrangements for repair if equipment cannot be repaired in-house.
- Maintains Shop in a clean and safe operating manner.
- Maintains Mobile Repair Truck and maintains truck inventory of mobile supplies. Drives mobile repair truck F-450 Crew Cab to locations throughout FL to repair fleet vehicles. No talking or texting while driving. The Mobile Repair Truck is assigned to the employee in this role and may be driven home as long as the safety and security of the truck and contents can be maintained.
- Follows safe driving best practices and promotes safety with other company drivers.
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles, completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Maintains fleet vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives, scans, adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Applies US Water company branding on new fleet vehicles and replaces branding on faded or damaged stickers/magnets.
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Keeps cost low by using warranty, evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Maintains and secures tools and equipment owned by the company to keep in good working order and available for use.
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time, must be able to regularly lift at least 50 pounds of force
- General understanding of automobile, light and heavy-duty equipment, operation, maintenance and repair
- Hydraulic and Air Brake experience a plus
- Reliable, dedicated + willing to put forth extra effort in performing the job
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take direction and carry out job duties as needed and with little supervision
- Maintains a valid CDL driver's license with endorsements and be insurable under company insurance provider/program
- Be able to pass a background check and drug screen
- Must be able to work nights and/or weekends as needed. The need for weekend work is seldom maybe 2 times per year.
- Must be able to travel to all regions within Florida, if needed
Note: This job description is not all inclusive of job duties. New duties may be added, adjusted or removed to fit business need.
Compensation and Benefits: Pay is commensurate with experience and market rates in the geographic area of the job. US Water offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long-term disability, paid time off, holiday pay and 401k with company match.
Target base pay: $25.00 per hour
THIS ROLE IS ELIGIBLE FOR A HIRING BONUS = $500 gross pay after completing 6 months of service.
US Water offers competitive wages and benefits and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.