U.S. Water Services Corporation is a well-established and diverse water and wastewater utility organization specializing in utility maintenance, operations, engineering and construction services. U.S. Water is a fast paced and rapidly expanding company headquartered in New Port Richey, Florida with a staff of over 500 employees in six states.
Under general guidance, supervises all aspects of utility billing including, but not limited to customer accounts maintenance, meter reading field service personnel, monthly utility billing, and personal within the utility service area; may performs other related duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises operation of Customer Service, Utility Billing and Meter Reading including personal and telephone customer interaction, monthly utility billing, bill processing, deposit reconciliations, bankruptcy and account maintenance through office and field personnel.
- Interacts with internal and external customers utility wide as well as other municipalities beyond utility limits.
- Receives and reconciles billing and service related complaints. Consults and corresponds with customers verbally in person, on the telephone or in writing.
- Reviews and authorizes credits, back billings, refunds and other adjustments to customer billings.
- Supervises the preparation and collection of utility bills, delinquent and liened accounts, and supervises, updates and maintains the computer mainframe of billing rates code and customer information.
- Interviews potential new employees and makes recommendations on personnel issues, completes performance reviews and counsels employees on performance related issues.
- Evaluates workload, assignments and resolves interpersonal conflicts among staff.
- Develops and recommends standards, sectional policies and procedures. Trains staff in the proper application of Utility and departmental policies and procedures.
- Cross trains employee functions to assure utility operations are not interrupted during employees shortages.
- Oversees the maintenance of specialized equipment necessary for meter reading, billing, and computer monitoring for the telephone system.
- Consults with Division Manager, other departments, vendors and consultants on operation of Customer Information Systems.
- Acts as Records Custodian for Customer Service files and records.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience using Munis Utility Billing Customer Information System Munis -UBCIS or must be proficient using and quickly becoming acclimated to any Utility Billing Software
- Experience effectively managing people and processes
- Proficient knowledge of meter reading, utility billing, and complete bill fulfillment processes
- Proficient knowledge of utility operations, billing procedure, bookkeeping and accounting procedures; State and local laws governing same.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of state and local laws governing delinquent billing collections.
- Skill in office and business management, supervision and public relations.
- Skill in problem solving with customer complaints.
- Skill in using personal computers, standard and customized software application, common and specialized office machinery and equipment.
- Skill in utilizing appropriate interpersonal skills when interacting with confrontational individuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across sectional and/or departmental lines as well as with other organizations outside the City
- Ability to change manage priorities effectively
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work involves sedentary work in an office setting. There is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, sit, lift light up to 10 pounds and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday. U.S. Water Services Corporation promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION: Associate Degree from an accredited college with a major in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, Human Relations or related field; with three 3 years of customer service and billing related experience and a minimum of one 1 year supervisory experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Florida drivers license required.
Compensation and Benefits: Pay is commensurate with experience and market-reflective. US Water/USW Utility Group offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long-term disability, paid time off, holiday pay and 401k with company match.
US Water/USW Utility Group offers competitive wages and benefits and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.