U.S. Water Services Corporation is a well-established and diverse water and wastewater utility organization specializing in utility maintenance, operations, engineering and construction services. U.S. Water is a fast paced and rapidly expanding company headquartered in New Port Richey, Florida with a staff of over 500 employees in six states.
- Supervises repairs to water or wastewater lines to include laying and caulking pipe, cutting pipe, tapping mains and service lines, installing and setting meters, and flushing and evacuating clogged wastewater lines.
- Oversees installation, maintenance, and repair of valves, meters, gauges, pumps, and associated equipment used in water or wastewater collection systems
- Maintenance of Water/Wastewater facilities, underground utilities, pipe/pipe fittings, heavy equipment, knowledge of electrical motor control, mechanics, skilled in hand power tools, experience in troubleshooting, maintenance, rehabilitation of new and existing lift stations, routine preventative maintenance.
- Review Client's facilities and conditions and identify facility and system deficiencies
- Develop and coordinate job schedule based upon Customers approved job requests
- Coordinate the on-call Schedule for Maintenance with Maintenance Supervisors/Managers.
- Troubleshoot water and wastewater pumps, blowers and other equipment at the treatment plants.
- Assumes responsibility for preparation and administration of the division's budget.
- Coordinates locates of water and/or wastewater lines to prevent damage during construction and digging operations.
- Operates and provides training to maintenance staff as needed for operation of equipment such as air hammers, air compressors, pipe pushers, hand tools, pumps, torches, and drills to perform maintenance of water or wastewater lines.
- Supervise and provides training for light construction equipment such as backhoe, dump truck, jet truck, pickup truck, jack hammer, or boring machine.
- Assists in excavating work site as required facilitating installation, maintenance, or repair of water, reclaimed water or wastewater lines and restoring site to original condition when work is complete.
- Inspects vehicles and equipment on a regular basis and makes sure repairs are completed on a timely manner
- Provides support to project manager on construction bids and other proposals
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
This position involves maintenance crews, sub-contractors, or specific work programs in the construction, maintenance, and repair of water, wastewater, collection and distribution systems and other facilities for U.S. Water Services Corporation.
Work is performed in an office and out in the field at various job sites. Travel to various job sites, or meeting locations is frequent. Attendance at meetings or outside of normal schedule may be required. Work is performed around a variety of inside and outside environmental conditions, in tight and confined spaces, above and underground, is subject to loud noises and noxious fumes, and working around traffic or near construction equipment. Employee may be on 24-hour call.
- A valid Driver's License
- Moderate 45 pounds or more lifting and carrying.
- Climbing, standing, kneeling, bending, stooping, and walking.
- Driving and operating equipment.
- Ability to work outside and in various weather conditions.
- Ability to work with chemicals, electricity and odors.
- Ability to work below ground level or with heights.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with Excel, MS WORD, CMMS Data bases, MS Project.
- Traveling is required.
Compensation and Benefits: Pay is commensurate with experience and market-reflective. US Water/USW Utility Group offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long-term disability, paid time off, holiday pay and 401k with company match.
US Water/USW Utility Group offers competitive wages and benefits and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.