Thank you for exploring careers at U.S. Water Services Corporation. Click on the button below to search for and browse current job openings, and apply for positions online! Once you find a position of interest—advance your job search with our 3-minute application.
U.S. Water Services Corporation is a well-established and diverse water and wastewater utility organization specializing in utility maintenance, operations, engineering and construction services. U.S. Water is a fast paced and rapidly expanding company headquartered in New Port Richey, Florida with a staff of over 700 employees in eighteen states.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
1. Perform a variety of tasks involving manual labor in heavy construction projects; perform manual work in pump station demolition and rehabilitation.
2. Excavate and expose utility piping to identify tie in points.
3. Perform confined space entries to access wastewater wet wells for demolition.
4. Perform a variety of trades including but not limited to carpentry, concrete work, pipe work, and grading and landscaping.
5. Maintain a clean job site: pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
6. Material handling and storage.
7. Load and unload trucks and haul and hoist materials.
8. Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Bring problems to the attention of the Foreman, Safety Director or HR Manager.
1. The employee must have overall stamina to perform physical activity, including:
2. Ability to stand or walk for a long period of time * Traverse rough terrain * Work in or over water/wastewater * Work at heights or in confined spaces * Lift or carry up to 65 pounds routinely
3. Job requirements include a need to climb, bend, and work in tight or confined areas. The incumbent must be able to hear alarms and have the ability to audibly identify the presence of a danger or hazard.
4. Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
5. Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform physical labor under field conditions.
6. Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
7. Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
8. Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
9. Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
10. Ability to work as a member of a team.
Education, Training and Experience
1. Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
2. Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions.
3. High school diploma or equivalent.
4. One year of Utility experience preferred.
1. Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
2. Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, over time without fatigue and to effectively jump, sprint or throw an object.
Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver's license prior to employment. CDL Preferred.
Work is primarily performed outdoors. Employees in this position are often working near public roadways, exposed to traffic and sometimes night or inclement weather. Additional job site conditions include working in or next to open trenches, around sewage, various chemicals, and dust or pollen. The employee may also be exposed to such conditions as dampness, direct sunlight, heavy machinery, mechanical and electrical equipment and noise. Some sites may be in remote locations, requiring employees to walk over rough terrain. Employee will be required to wear the necessary Personal Protective Equipment PPE for the environment they are working within.
Compensation and Benefits: Pay is commensurate with experience and market-reflective. US Water/USW Utility Group offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long-term disability, paid time off, holiday pay and 401k with company match.
US Water/USW Utility Group offers competitive wages and benefits and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.