U.S. Water Services Corporation is a well-established and diverse water and wastewater utility organization specializing in utility maintenance, operations, engineering and construction services. U.S. Water is a fast paced and rapidly expanding company headquartered in New Port Richey, Florida with a staff of over 700 employees in 20 states.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Wastewater Chief Operator. US Water Industrial Group's business operates treatment plants for its customers throughout the US. Each customer site is operated by an offsite project manager who works with a dedicated onsite Chief Operator and site operations team. This team is responsible for monitoring processes, adjusting controls, performing laboratory tests, maintaining equipment, replenishing chemicals and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Oversees daily operations and maintenance of wastewater treatment facility.
- Provides direction to on-site operations and maintenance staff and responsible for maintaining adequate staffing levels on all shifts.
- May attend meetings as required with project stakeholders
- Reports daily operational status to client, project management and technical support as needed
- Makes process change decisions with Management and Technical guidance.
- Conducts site inspections of work areas and documents findings
- Proficiency with laboratory procedures. Collects samples and performs routine in-lab tests as required.
- Facilitates the training of other operators onsite.
- Manages routine preventative maintenance of pumps, motors, blowers and other equipment onsite.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills.
- Applies a working knowledge of fundamental principles, terminology, and methodology in carrying out assignments.
- Understands and applies standard policies and procedures within specific discipline.
- Performs assignments with clear, specific objective which may require the limited exercise of judgment and decision-making skills.
- Operates facilities with computer or PLC controls.
- Responsible for insuring PCM is kept up-to-date with daily parameters
- Monitors, regulates and adjusts chlorinators, chemical feed pumps, filter rates and other process equipment.
- Washes clarifiers, filter beds, contact basins, operates sludge handling equipment and other process unit equipment, as required.
- Maintains a log of operations and maintenance activities and related records.
- Operates system to maintain compliance with permit requirements.
- Responsible to maintain specified levels of supplies and re-order when needed
- Good knowledge of the practices used, and the equipment required in the O&M of industrial facilities and ability to make routine laboratory and field tests for control of plant operations.
- Complete special assignments as assigned by management.
NOTE: This Job Description is not inclusive of all job duties.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of relevant experience
- Valid driver's license
- Experience working in an industrial setting
- Applicable Health & Safety training
- Ability to read plans / drawings / specifications and interpret data
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Compensation and Benefits: Pay is commensurate with experience and market-reflective. US Water/USW Utility Group offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long-term disability, paid time off, holiday pay and 401k with company match.
US Water/USW Utility Group offers competitive wages and benefits and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.