U.S. Water Services Corporation is a well-established and diverse water and wastewater utility organization specializing in utility maintenance, operations, engineering and construction services. Headquartered in New Port Richey, Florida, U.S. Water is rapidly expanding with a staff of over 800 employees in 20 states. U.S. Water's Industrial Group specializes in providing wastewater facility operations & maintenance services for clients in the industrial and private sectors.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Project Manager. Each customer site is operated by an offsite Project Manager who works with a dedicated onsite Lead Operator and site operations team. This team is responsible for monitoring processes, adjusting controls, performing laboratory tests, maintaining equipment, replenishing chemicals, and maintaining good housekeeping. The Project Manager is responsible for health & safety, financial performance, assisting in development of staff and client satisfaction.
- Responsible for safety performance and compliance with appropriate regulations
- Responsible for environmental compliance
- Responsible to make staffing recommendations
- Responsible to coordinate with matrix resources to assure efficient operation
- Responsible to make hiring, disciplinary and termination recommendations to management in collaboration with matrix resources Resource Management and HR
- Responsible to assure individual training, development and Personal Development Plans participates in reviews are being addressed in collaboration with matrix resources Resource Management.
- Responsible to assure areas are properly staffed in collaboration with matrix resources.
- Responsible to assure HR issues are addressed and resolved in collaboration with matrix resources.
- Responsible for special projects or tasks assigned by management
- Responsible to recommend and implement improvements to optimize contribution
- Responsible to assure management communications are disseminated, accurately and timely to staff
- Responsible to work with all levels of the organization internally, with vendors and with clients, portraying a positive image and building a productive team environment
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills.
- Develops and applies knowledge of management principles and practices in a specific area of expertise.
- Evaluates, selects, and applies standard management techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform a task.
- Adheres to the Company's policies, standards and guidelines.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of safety for the specialty being managed and actively drives the safety culture.
- Demonstrates a strong code of ethics relating to both employee relations and environmental regulations and actively drives the work culture.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate within a matrix organization and coordinate with other functions to attain needed resources and support.
- Demonstrates ability to multitask in a dynamic environment to manage multiple activities through others
- Demonstrated ability to organize routine and complex efforts to achieve needs
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous improvement to drive efficient operations and services
- Demonstrates ability to work with staff, client and management at all levels
- Demonstrates ability to work independently with minimal daily direction while recognizing when to engage support resources or communicate with management
- Demonstrates proficiency for problem solving.
- Conducts themselves in a professional and business-Like manner.
NOTE: This Job Description is not inclusive of all job duties.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Applicable health & safety training
- Demonstrated capability and experience in appropriate competencies
- Valid driver license
- Ability to obtain or currently hold any licenses necessary for the area managed
- Ability to travel when needed to support existing sites or new opportunities
- Proficient at the use of Microsoft 365 Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams, etc.
- Ability to learn and apply other computer programs utilized in O&M projects
Compensation and Benefits
Pay is commensurate with experience and reflective of market. U.S. Water offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long-term disability, paid time off, holiday pay and 401k with company match.
U.S. Water is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
US Water is maintains a Drug Free Workplace program. Drug tests are conducted on a pre-employment, post-accident, random and reasonable suspicion basis where allowed by law. A positive drug test result for marijuana is considered postive regardless of legalization medical and/or recreational use on a state and/or local level. US Water is a Federal government contractor and is required to follow Federal law which currently considers use of marijuana illegal.