U.S. Water Services Corporation is a well-established and diverse water and wastewater utility organization specializing in utility maintenance, operations, engineering and construction services. U.S. Water is a fast paced and rapidly expanding company headquartered in New Port Richey, Florida with a staff of over 500 employees in six states
FULL TIME Project Manager for the Chickasha, OK Water and Wastewater Treatment Facilities
USW UTILITY GROUP; a well established and respected water and wastewater operations, maintenance and engineering company
- Oklahoma Class A Water and Wastewater Treatment Facility Operator's Certification or possesses the ability to obtain an ODEQ Class A within one 1 year.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or five years plant/general management experience in water/wastewater operations
- Preferred candidate will possess both water and wastewater experience
- Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements.
- Background with water treatment methods, process improvement programs and procedures required.
- In accordance with all applicable regulatory requirements and Company Standards, supervises the operation and maintenance of the City's water and wastewater treatment facilities, industrial pretreatment program, lift stations, calibration and repair of instrumentation related to components of the utility infrastructure.
- Direct and manage plant operations for efficient production and maintenance
- Coordinate plant activities through correspondence and planning with departmental managers; to ensure the total objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Develop and control profits, plans, and budget
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries
- Manages capital asset maintenance
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards
- Control and minimize labor overtime and repair expenses
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives
- Implements and maintains preventative maintenance programs
- Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel
- Represent the Company in Municipal Council or other Board Meetings as needed
- Ensure the operation and maintenance, on a scheduled and emergency basis, of the water and wastewater facilities, emergency stand-by generators, pumping stations and related telemetry
- Maintain preventative maintenance programs in all areas of mechanical and electrical water and wastewater system operations. Maintain clean, well-painted and well-serviced equipment with an appropriate spare parts inventory
- Maintain up-to-date procedural manuals, equipment and system drawings, performance files, service charts and equipment inventory data as required by the regulatory authority
- Analyze problems associated with raw water and wastewater flow and devise appropriate solutions
- Ensure that instrumentation, automatic controls, generators, alarms and mainline flow meters are accurate and operating at all times
- Ensure proper investigation of all customer inquiries and complaints regarding water quality and/or wastewater collection and initiate corrective action as needed
- Interface with Company and City engineering staff and carry out work orders and modifications related to the assigned utility systems, as approved
- Responsible for assuring all after hours alarms emanating from the water and wastewater facilities are responded to in a timely manner
- Monthly Operating Reports will be required such as, but not limited to annual budget and other administrative reports required including: annual and/or monthly regulatory reports and monthly chemical utilization reports
- Conduct training sessions for employee development and safety which includes instructing and informing employees of administrative policies and safety standards in order to ensure compliance
- Evaluate both unit and individual employee performance and prepare performance appraisals
- Initiate disciplinary action as necessary and other personnel actions as needed in conjunction with Company administration
- Develop effective and efficient work schedules, establish priorities, review and adjust schedules to meet current requirements and emergency conditions. Assign subordinates in accordance with priorities, schedules and conditions
- Train or arrange for the training of subordinates to ensure that subordinates are capable of effectively performing assigned operations and maintenance activities
- Review tract or site plans as they relate to the assigned utilities to be certain standards are met and treatment capacity is considered
- Ensure fleet is properly maintained and vehicle inspection reports of the assigned vehicles are properly completed
- Plan for the maintenance and repair of pumps, boosters, lift stations, and generators and all utility infrastructure as needed, and with use of a Computerized Maintenance Management System CMMS
- Participate in Budget Preparations, Planning and Monitoring
- Manage cost to the most effective level
- Participate in Company Meetings as required
- Prepare cost analysis reports with assistance
- Act as Community and Environmental Steward in relation to the services provided as an associate of U.S. Water
- Other duties as assigned by senior management
USW UTILITY GROUP offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Holiday pay, uniforms and 401k with company match.
US Water/USW Utility Group offers competitive wages and benefits and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.