U.S. Water Services Corporation is a well-established and diverse water and wastewater utility organization specializing in utility maintenance, operations, engineering and construction services. U.S. Water is a fast paced and rapidly expanding company headquartered in New Port Richey, Florida with a staff of over 500 employees in six states
Excellent oral and written communication skills including formal presentation skills before both small and large groups. Water Operations Manager shall possess demonstrated ability in problem solving and negotiation with special emphasis on surface water treatment facility and/or regulatory compliance problem solving. Experience managing surface water treatment systems. Shall possess and maintain current Water and Wastewater Treatment Facility Operator Certifications.
This position is responsible for the overall contract performance. This position professionally represents the Company's USWSC and services using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to assist in applying the services to their assigned facility resulting in professionally managed operation and maintenance functions.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day professional operation and maintenance activities of assigned facility.
- Responsible for determining required work, developing and delivering work authorization proposals, as well as follow-up with workflow, work progress reporting, and billing.
- Assist with Environmental Compliance, reporting, facility inspections, responding to Regulatory inquiries both written and verbal, attend meetings and planning sessions that arise.
- Operations Manager shall maintain dual Water and Wastewater Operator Certification.
- Provide Capital Improvement Planning recommendations at least annually for each facility, and more often if needed.
- Responsible for conducting Operations and Maintenance training, safety audits/inspections.
- Identify, recommend and implement Cost Savings Measures.
- Act as the liaison for other available jobs for all U.S. Water Services Corporation USWSC support activities. i.e. may coordinate maintenance issues.
- Responsible for supervising of all assigned operator's, scheduling operators and may be required to fill-in in case of emergency, time off, or illness as required.
- Assist in the proposal writing and meeting with potential clients.
- Ensure that the staff adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Professionally perform all other job-related duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Knowledge of administration, management, Water & Wastewater Operations, Maintenance, Distribution & Collection lines, mechanical equipment such as Pumps, Drives, Blowers, Motors and standard construction materials used in the Water and Wastewater facilities and systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot Water plants
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools.
- Knowledge of public safety and security issues and regulations.
- Excellent mathematical skills, including application and use in problem-solving.
- Ability to coordinate own and others' actions, manage own time and manage personnel resources.
- Strong understanding and expression of written and verbal English sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively to clients, staff, and management both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and structural blueprints.
- Intermediate Computer skills with Excel, MS WORD, CMMS Data bases, MS Project.
Working conditions: Duties described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Acceptable eyesight with or without correction.
- Acceptable hearing with or without hearing aid.
- Moderate 45 pounds or more lifting and carrying.
- Climbing, standing, kneeling, bending, stooping, and walking.
- Driving and operating equipment.
- Ability to work outside and in various weather conditions.
- Ability to work with chemicals, electricity and odors.
- Ability to work on slippery surfaces.
- Ability to work below ground level or with heights.
- Some limited travel may be required.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- A valid Driver's License is required; Ability to obtain appropriate certifications, license, or registration as required by the position.
- Intermediate computer skills with programs such as Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, Geographic Information Systems
- Experience in Operations and Maintenance is preferred.
- Applicants must work well with others, be socially adapt, and be able to manage multiple responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY: 3 years of progressively responsible work experience related to Water Plant Operations and Maintenance which includes 2 years of lead or supervisory experience required. Related vocational training or education may substitute for up to two years of experience.
Compensation and Benefits: Pay is commensurate with experience and market-reflective. US Water/USW Utility Group offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long-term disability, paid time off, holiday pay and 401k with company match.
US Water/USW Utility Group offers competitive wages and benefits and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.