U.S. Water Services Corporation is a well-established and diverse water and wastewater utility organization specializing in utility maintenance, operations, engineering and construction services. U.S. Water is a fast paced and rapidly expanding company headquartered in New Port Richey, Florida with a staff of over 700 employees in twenty states.
GENERAL FUNCTION: The Project Manager will be full-time and will be assigned as the primary point of contact. In addition to organizing staff and processes, the Project Manager will provide training and mentoring for each team member. The primary objectives are to ensure client satisfaction, the safety of all team members and to implement a site-specific safety training program. Once all processes and procedures are established and training is complete, he/she will ensure all operation, lab and maintenance protocols are being followed which includes the oversight of all day-to-day project activities.
- Responsible for the O&M of the facilities.
- Analyze operating procedures and devise the most efficient methods of accomplishing work.
- Develop, adjust, and monitor plans, budgets, and schedules for anticipated work and equipment; authorize purchases within limits of authority; monitor and control budget for assigned program.
- Ensures water and wastewater systems are in compliance with federal, state, local, and company regulations; coordinates with regulatory entities to ensure compliance.
- Meet with the general public, public agencies or community organizations in order to promote or maintain favorable public relations, if necessary.
- Completes paperwork in an accurate and timely manner including the reporting of monthly operating summaries, state permit reports, and any additional reports as required.
- Ensure staff is complying with applicable safety rules and regulations; review injury reports and recommend corrective actions; inspect work zones and facilities for safety compliance; monitor injury records for trends and recommend corrective actions; conduct periodic crew safety and training meetings.
- Assign, plan, schedule, inspect, and evaluate work of subordinates; maintain work and personnel records; enforce personnel rules; assist with the resolution of employee relations issues.
- Prepare, monitor, and adjust emergency response plans to accommodate specific projects.
- Collaborate with internal staff to coordinate scheduling, establish program priorities, and evaluate specific program requirements.
- Perform the physical requirements of the position, work within the established working conditions of the position.
- Work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Perform a variety of related work, as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Knowledge of administration, management, surface water treatment, storage, wastewater treatment, lift stations, mechanical equipment such as pumps, drives, blowers, motors, and standard construction materials used in the water and wastewater facilities and systems.
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools.
- Knowledge of public safety and security issues and regulations.
- Excellent mathematical skills, including application and use in problem-solving.
- Ability to coordinate own and others' actions, manage own time and manage personnel resources.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
- Strong understanding and expression of written and verbal English sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively to clients, staff, and management both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and structural blueprints.
- Basic to intermediate Computer skills with Excel, MS WORD, CMMS Data bases.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY:
- A valid Driver's license
- High school Graduate or GED
- Must Possess a minimum Class B Wastewater license and a Class C Water license
- Dual License Operator a plus
- Prior work experience in a mechanical or laboratory setting highly desirable.
Compensation and Benefits: Pay is commensurate with experience and market-reflective. US Water/USW Utility Group offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long-term disability, paid time off, holiday pay and 401k with company match.
US Water/USW Utility Group offers competitive wages and benefits and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.