U.S. Water Services Corporation is a well-established and diverse water and wastewater utility organization specializing in utility maintenance, operations, engineering and construction services. U.S. Water is a fast paced and rapidly expanding company headquartered in New Port Richey, Florida with a staff of over 500 employees in six states.
Main Function: Assures safe, efficient, compliant, and economical regional utility operations by providing efficient management practices, preventive maintenance programs, advanced employee training and sound cost effective decision-making principles. Supervises personnel engaged in the operation and maintenance of water and wastewater utility systems within the geographic boundary of his/her assigned region. Travel is required.
Management and Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Evaluates work performance of subordinates, initiates personnel actions relating to hiring, retention, promotion, discipline and termination.
- Participates in new employee orientation and ensures new employees under his/her responsibility are properly trained for assigned task.
- Performs annual employee evaluations of personnel under his/her direct supervision. Recommends to Director of Operations salary increases, promotions, demotions and other employee classification adjustments as necessary.
- Ensures operation schedule fairly distributes workload among operators and can be performed with minimal or no overtime requirements and is profitable to company.
- Ensures CMMS use related to asset and maintenance management.
- Maintains licensure and able to perform relief operations for operators out of work on leave within or outside his/her region – or under emergency conditions.
- Develops annual budget for the region and manages the region within the bounds of the approved budget.
- Performs specific job costing for operational, maintenance or construction projects within his/her assigned region.
- Develops good working relationship and communications with state and county regulatory staffs.
- Ensures operator compliance with all applicable FDEP rules and regulations that govern operation and maintenance of utility systems within his/her assigned region.
- Maintains a list of potential new clients and makes concerted effort to market company services.
- Ensures company owned vehicles assigned to his/her region are in good working condition, properly maintained and operated in accordance with company policies.
- Assists in comprehensive company planning relating to marketing, business development, capital purchases, budgeting, and long range strategic company goals.
- Makes necessary adjustments in staffing levels to ensure that a minimum of 80% of all maintenance staff assigned within his/her region is billable to clients.
- Prepares and/or assists in preparing bids, proposals and contracts for service within or outside of regional boundary.
- Attends various meetings at the request of the Director of Operations.
- Reviews, verifies accuracy and approves all company and vendor invoices generated for his/her assigned region prior to invoices being sent to client.
- Cross markets existing and new clientele services provided both within the Florida Operation Group and those services provided by the other business lines of the parent company.
- Be available to receive and respond to emergency notifications at all times,
- Performs other similarly related duties as required or requested by the General Manager.
Minimum qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Must have 10 years of progressive utility operation and maintenance experience in which the last 3 years include employment in a supervisory capacity.
- Ability to supervise and manage work force of 40 or more employees.
- The highest level of licensing is desired in all disciplines.
- Knowledge of water and wastewater treatment plant operations, policies, procedures and methods.
- Knowledge of safety and operations.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Skill in maintaining equipment used in repair and maintenance.
- Strong skills in documentation and communicating both orally and in writing.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to build relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work and manage effectively during emergency conditions.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be willing to travel.
- Based Upon Experience and Regional Location
Job Description subject to change at discretion of corporate officers.
US Water/USW Utility Group offers competitive wages and benefits and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.