U.S. Water Services Corporation understands the benefits of employee training. For water and wastewater facilities, in particular, we know first-hand the positive impact that the right training can have on a company’s ability to provide the highest level of services.
A fundamental tenant of US Water Services Corporation operation includes running a safe operation. Our uncompromising commitment to safety includes accountability and the sound judgment of our experienced employees, as well as compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements. Our objective is to provide a safe and secure environment for our customers and our people. Operating a multi-location corporation requires a uniform workplace safety training program which meets or exceeds OSHA, DOT and EPA standards. Our organization employs several key components to facilitate our safety culture:
- Online EH&S training program in partnership with Summit Training Source. Over the past 24 months this initiative has produced 2800 individual OSHA approved safety training course completions for 315 of our employees.
- Monthly Regional Manager Safety Meetings
- Designated Corporate Safety Manager
- Continuing Education for our licensed water treatment and distribution operators
- Annual onsite Regional Safety Trainings
The U.S. Water Services Corporation’s training program is developed and specifically aimed at the water, wastewater and underground utility industry. Training topics are accredited and tailored to provide relevant and impactful information to students using similar equipment, chemicals and situations encountered within the industry. Our trainers are authorized by OSHA to conduct training on OSHA-specific topics. Each course is approved through the University of Florida Training, Research and Education for Environmental Occupations (UF/TREEO) for licensed Florida operators. Students who successfully complete a training course are awarded Continuing Education Units (CEUs), Operator Certification Program units (OCPs) or Professional Development Hours (PDHs). Often, training is in conjunctions with industry partners to include the FDEP, FRWA, FWPCOA, and local governments.
Available Training Courses
U.S. Water Services Corporation currently offers the following training course.
W = Drinking Water; WW = Wastewater; D = Distribution; C = Collection
- OSHA 10 Hour Safety Class: 1.2 CEU’s – W, WW && D/C Licenses
- Walking/Working Surfaces, Fire Protection & Prevention & Emergency Action Plans
- Hazard Communication, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Bloodborne Pathogens
- Electrical Safety, Lock Out Tag Out and Fall protection
Each of the OSHA topics can be used individually for 0.1-0.5 CEU’s or more depending on the topic.
Continuing Education Units (CEU) Credits
- Chloramines Operation Training 0.8 CEU’s – W & D licenses
- Distribution System Operation & Maintenance 0.5 CEU’s – W & D licenses
- Biological Nutrient Removal 0.8 CEU’s – WW & C Licenses
- Basic Electrical Maintenance & Safety 0.5 CEU’s – W, WW & D/C Licenses
- Basic Lift Station Electrical, Maintenance & Safety 0.5 CEU’s – W, WW & D/C Licenses
- Permit Required Confined Space 1.2 CEU’s – W, WW & D/C Licenses
- Permit Required Confined Space Refresher 0.5 CEU’s – W, WW & D/C Licenses
- Excavation, Trenching & Shoring 0.5 CEU’s – W, WW & D/C Licenses